Among the objectives of this year’s forum are to:
• Boost agriculture investment in Africa.
• Build effective PPP structure to aid in developing agribusiness in Africa.
• Present new technologies to enhance production and productivity, and reduce post-harvest losses.
• Cultivate agriculture infrastructure development in Africa.
• Look into new initiatives for advancing small and midsize enterprises in Africa.
The forum is organised by international nonprofit EMRC in collaboration with the U.N. Development Program, Food and Agriculture Organization, Pan African Agribusiness Consortium and Rabobank Foundation.
The Green Week is the world's biggest fair for food, agriculture and horticulture. It takes place from 18 - 27 January 2013.
More information: www.gruenewoche.de
Nine members of the ‘Landelijke Gilden’ (Rural Guilds) recently visited the Democratic Republic of the Congo for the first time. They went to visit Repam, a federation of underprivileged farmers in the west of the country, and their suitcases were packed with tips and tricks for the organization of board elections and other activities that reinforce the work of any rural organization.